As we approach the end of 2021, we want to give thanks to God for His love and faithfulness. We also want to give thanks for the encouragement, prayers and financial support of our donors. Embracing Hope was founded on the vision of “seeing the poorest and most vulnerable of families preserved and orphans prevented by using compassionate, holistic practices that promote dignity, sustainability, transformation, community, and Christian discipleship which transforms all areas of life for this and future generations.” This is at the heart of what we do. With the release of our Annual Report this past Monday, we introduced this year’s Annual Giving Campaign. The needs in Kore’ remain great at this time in the face of immense poverty, continued job loss, Covid-19, a refugee crisis and the possibility of war reaching the city. We are looking to raise general funds to provide for our staff, finish the year strong and give us a solid foundation going into 2022.
We have 2 primary goals as we finish 2021:
- Raise $49,000 over and above General Fund giving.
- $19,000 will go toward increasing teacher and staff wages. Massive inflation means that the cost of everything has gone up. In an effort to support our teachers and staff, we want to be paying them a fair wage. They often give above and beyond: visiting families in their homes to offer support and prayer, feeding and teaching children and inspiring learning with creative lessons and songs. They are encouraging and promoting dignity for the mothers and families on a daily basis.
- $30,000 will go towards general operating expenses to help us finish the year strong.
Click here to Donate.
- Fill 49 open Sponsorship Slots as we are looking to add an additional 20 children (80 sponsorship slots) to our program in the new year. These slots are each $34 a month and cover the ongoing program expenses of walking with families in Ethiopia, providing holistic interventions.
Click here to see families in need of sponsorship.
Join us in sponsoring a child today! You can make a huge difference in preserving families, empowering and giving them hope for the future. And please spread the word to family and friends!
As we come to the end of 2020 we have immediate needs in order to keep preserving families in Ethiopia. For the past 10 years we have relied on the generosity of people like you who have held James 1:27 deep in their hearts, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
The work we continue to do in Ethiopia is focused on preventing orphans, caring for the vulnerable and coming alongside of modern day widows in order to help keep their family intact. Our work is simple, relational and Christ centered. And this work needs you.
We have 2 primary goals as 2020 comes to a close.
- To raise $40,000 in over-and-above General Fund giving. This helps with our operating expenses as well as the unexpected expenses as a result of COVID-19.
As of December 4th we are already at 88% of our Goal!
2. To Fill 100 Family Sponsor slots. These slots are $34 each and covers the ongoing program expenses of walking with families in Ethiopia, providing holistic interventions. To date 6 more sponsorship slots have been filled. Help us fill 94 more!
Be our first new family sponsor and get us started!
Join us today. Make a difference in the life of a family as we continue reaching out to the poorest of the poor in Jesus’ name.
And please also spread the word to friends, family members, you church and even the company you work for. Together we can bring transformation.
You can make a difference in the lives of the poorest of the poor while also honoring a loved one this Christmas. Need a last minute gift? Unsure what to give someone who has everything? Want to give a gift that is socially conscious?
Visit www.EmbracingHopeStore.com and choose a gift to give. They range in price from $10 to $200. After checkout you will receive a card via email that you can give to your loved one who you honored by giving the gift.
Your gift will help with everything from Crisis Relief to sponsorships to paying for school supplies or buying food for families.
Thank you for your generosity and Merry Christmas!